I had some fun making my card for the challenge this week at The Deconstructed Sketch. I tried out three cards using the sketch, before deciding on my final card.
The first card is the one that I am entering in the challenge. I found this really great idea for using ribbon trim here at Threadsmagazine so naturally I just had to have a go. I have used the Pink Pirouette/Rose Red Two-Tone Ribbon as it has a lovely silky smooth finish and was the perfect width for this ribbon technique.
The DSP on my card is from the More Amore Specialty paper pack with a colour scheme of Basic Black, Primrose Petals and Very Vanilla.
My second card is inspired by Jen Shultz. I just love her card so I tried a similar card Stampin' Up style. Not quite as beautiful as Jen's card but not bad. DSP is from the Print Poetry Paper Pad with a colour scheme of Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green.
My third card is a case of Sheri Gilson's card. I loved the different take on the sketch. I have just added small bottle tops in lieu of the brads, and used different DSP from Parker's Patterns paper pack and Linen Thread as the twine. Colour scheme of Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy and Cherry Cobbler.
This is the card that I made for the challenge this week at Pals Paper Arts.
I have gone a little bit on the grunge side for this card, using the Early Espresso Core'dinations cardstock embossed with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder and distressed using the Stampin' Sanding block for the background. This has been matted on to a piece of First Edition Specialty DSP and adhered to the base card in Soft Suede. Soft Suede is the ink that I have used to distress all the edges of the flowers, tape measure pieces and the tickets. All the other stamping was done using Early Espresso.
The flower was made using the First Edition Specialty DSP and Canvas Creations, Linen thread, Naturals Designer buttons, Blossom Punch and Blossom Party Originals die. Stamps used are the Measuring Stick Stampin' Builder Wheel and That's the Ticket. The tickets were punched out with the Ticket Duo Builder punch.
I took a bit of licence with the sketch as I wanted to show case the tape measure pieces behind the flower and they disappeared if a piece was put over the top, so hopefully all is okay, but if not I had fun.
This is the sketch by Margaret Moody that the challenge is based on:
Hi everyone, the card I am sharing with you today is one I made for our monthly club swap. We had to show case a stamp set in the new Seasonal Catalogue so I chose the set "Oh Hello" as I just love the rose stamp.
Colour scheme of Primrose Petals, Always Artichoke and Whisper White. I inked up the Square Lattice embossing folder with Crumb Cake, put in a piece of Whisper White cardstock and put it through the Bigshot to create the top background piece. The rest of the card is pretty simple with the rose stamped in Basic Black over the top of a piece of Whisper White that had been stamped with the "En Francais" stamp in Sahara Sand. The rose was then coloured with Stampin' Write Markers Primrose Petals and Old Olive.
I got the "Clockworks" stamp set out for the challenge this week at The Paper Players based on this great sketch by Jaydee.
I created the background piece for my card by cutting out small diamonds from the First Edition Specialty paper and adhering this to a piece of Naturals Ivory cardstock. I then sponged on Early Espresso all over this piece. It ended up a bit dark so to lighten the card a bit I incorporated the First Edition Specialty DSP (stamped with Midnight Muse) and the Naturals Ivory cardstock.
The colour scheme is Midnight Muse, Early Espresso and Naturals Ivory. The sentiment is from the "Itty Bitty Banners" stamp set and was cut out using the matching Bitty Banners Framelits. The small cogs were stamped on Naturals Ivory cardstock with Midnight Muse and Early Espresso, then punched out using the 1.2" and 3/4" circle punches. Matting circles were cut from Midnight Muse and Early Espresso cardstock using the 3/4" and 1" circle punches. Early Espresso bakers twine was added to the base of the card.