Friday 3 January 2014

Vintage Butterflies

I recently found some cards made with luggage tags by Kerry Lawson.  I really liked the idea of using a tag on the card as a focal point so with Kerry's cards as inspiration, I changed things up a bit and made them Stampin' Up style.

I have used a basic colour scheme of Crushed Curry, Early Espresso and Naturals White, with some Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze and Baked Brown Sugar ink add in as extras.


 

The butterflies were made by embossing with Early Espresso on Crushed Curry cardstock and then coloured using a Blender Pen and Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Ink pads.  The butterfly image is from "Backyard Basics" stamp set and was cut out using the co-ordinating die.  The colour of the Early Espresso DSP from the Neutrals Paper Stack was changed by sponging Crushed Curry over it to change the colour white to the Crushed Curry colour to match our card.  The Washi Tape is from the Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape pack.  The cards were finished off with Early Espresso Candy Dots and a Linen Thread bow with an Early Espresso button.



2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, Carolyn. The colours are so rich and deep. I love tags on cards and you've done a fabulous job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards, Carolyn!! Think I'm going to join your blog!

    ReplyDelete