Sunday 24 May 2015

Bordering Blooms ...

Hi everyone, I would like to share with you my card that I made for the sketch challenge at Pals Paper Arts.  The background is inspired by a card that Stampin' Up Artisan, Allison Okamitsu created using the new "Bohemian Borders" stamp set in neutrals.  You can see Allison's card here.  As I currently do not have this stamp set I made the background using the same watercolour and embossing technique using the "Bordering Blooms" stamp set.


PPA252kwb
I used a colour scheme of Rose Red, Watermelon Wonder, Blushing Bride and Pink Pirouette for the watercolour wash.  I then stamped the images from the "Bordering Blooms" in Versamark and embossed with White Embossing Powder.


PPA252


As I loved Allison's card so much I made another card in the same design using the colours Soft Suede, Tip Top Taupe, Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand.


PPA252

3 comments:

  1. Although both cards are great, I must admit I am so drawn to the neutrals card. I too am not really a bohemian fan, but sometimes it just seems perfect. Thanks for including the PPA in your stamping fun this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your graduated colors! Great inspiration! Pretty cards.....thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And I love the two different spins on it...changing the colors definitely changes up the feel! So glad you joined us at Pals Paper Arts

    ReplyDelete