Monday 1 February 2016

Shine On

It Shines, the new Shine on Specialty Designer Series Paper is printed on kraft paper with silver foil designs on one side, so it has a beautiful shine.

It is perfect for making gift packaging which is how I have used this paper designing a little triangle box perfect for chocolates and lollies (candy or sweets for those not in Australia).  


I used the non shine side, as I wanted the Watermelon Wonder print side on the outside of my box to match the beautiful Watermelon Wonder 1" Stitched Satin Ribbon I have used for the bow that holds the box together.

I coordinated the flower in Watermelon Wonder and Old Olive, made using the Friends and Flowers stamp set and the matching Festive Flower Builder Punch.  An Iced Rhinestone was added to the centre of the flower to finish.


These little boxes are so easy to make, cut a piece of card stock in half to create an A5 piece of card.


Score at the centre of the piece of card in the portrait position.  Then find the centre across the top and the bottom (mark these points with a small pencil mark). Score from these marks to the centre score line on the diagonal (as shown in the picture above, you will have to excuse my drawing skills as I was slightly out in my diagram but you get the drift).  Fold and burnish all the score lines and fold up into the triangle box shape.  Take the 1/4" handheld circle punch and with the triangle sides together punch a small hole through both layers on each side, thread the ribbon through and tie into a bow to close the box.  You can decorate these little boxes anyway you like, I made some last year for Christmas so they can suit any occasion, I am thinking maybe Easter this year.

Thank you for visting.

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment